Garden slugs are a very common pest for gardeners all over the world, particularly in the Pacific Northwest and southeasten United States. Garden Slugs thrive in these areas because of the moist environments and ample supply of garden food to munch on.
Before considering chemicals or pesticides, many gardeners look for natural slug control solutions. Many of the commercial slug killers available are not ideal for the common gardener because they may expose a health risk to domestic animals such as dogs and cats, or wild animals such as rabbits and squirrels.
Non toxic, organic slug control solutions are therefore a better option. Although they may require a little more effort than simply spreading commercial slug killer in your garden, natural slug control methods are still very effective.
There are a number of ways you can achieve garden slug control naturally, without the use of any commercial products. Here are the key factors to organic slug control:
* Understand why your garden attracts slugs in the first place
* Learn why slugs keep coming back, no matter how many you kill
* Understand how slugs live, what they eat, and how they reproduce
* Learn what natural slug control solutions work and which ones are just old wives’ tales
* Discover how to make your slug control efforts permanent so you don’t get caught up in an endless battle with the slugs in your garden
The key to getting rid of slugs, whether using commercial slug killers or natural slug control methods, is killing off the adults and breaking their reproductive cycle.
For a step by step guide on how to get rid of slugs naturally, without the use of any chemicals or pesticides, please click here